Local SEO - online live. 20th October 2020
How to rock your online visibility in a post-COVID world
COVID has changed consumer behaviour at a fundamental level, and all purchases now start with localised searches on Google. This course will give an end-to-end overview of local search for marketers of all abilities, and attendees will leave with all of the skills necessary to implement pioneering local strategies for clients or within their own companies.
This workshop will outline the business case for local search and walk through the best practice technical implementation for ranking in Google’s local results.
The latter half will detail the ongoing marketing processes that are so vital to the long-term success of local and mobile search marketing.
- The Case For Local Search & A Very Brief History — Local search has grown up fast over the past few years. Understand how it’s grown, and the potential of owning your area and reaching customers in their own backyard.
- How To Verify Google My Business Listings & Implement Best Practices – Google My Business has added many new features that can be used to directly drive more conversions AND increase your rankings. You’ll learn how to make sure you’re getting the most from all of them.
- Citation Management – You’ll see how to audit your existing citation profile, fix problems, discover new opportunities, and ensure you have maximised the benefit you can get from citations.
- Review Acquisition – Reviews are one of the most important aspects of local search. You’ll learn which review sites to focus on and how to get a steady stream of positive reviews.
- Local Website Optimisation – You’ll be walked through the most effective local optimisation tactics for your websites.
- Local Link Building – Nothing drives local search rankings like quality local links. Learn how to prospect for and acquire the links that will push your rankings past the competition.
- The Future of Local – Look into the crystal ball and understand where Google is heading and how you can stay one step ahead.
Who is this course for?
All levels, in house, agency, solo freelancers.
What you'll gain
Insight into gaining visibility in local searches and winning in a post-covid world.
Greg Gifford is the Vice President of Search Marketing at SearchLab, a boutique marketing agency specialising in Local SEO and PPC. He’s one of the most in-demand speakers at digital marketing and automotive conferences all over the world, with dynamic movie-themed presentations packed full of actionable tactics and information. He's got over 17 years of online marketing and web design experience, and his expertise in Local SEO has helped hundreds of businesses gain more visibility in local searches.
Greg graduated from Southern Methodist University with a BA in Cinema and Communications, and has an obscure movie quote for just about any situation.