This self-paced online workshop will show you how to make immediate copy improvements to your website to position it for success in Google’s search results pages.
You’ve got a stubbornly high bounce rate. You don’t know how to write copy that makes you stand out – and Google doesn’t seem to know that you exist. This self-paced online workshop will enable you to make immediate improvements to the copy on your website. Learn how great copy can increase your traffic, nurture customer relationships, generate new leads, and strengthen your brand.
Created by Emily Hill, who founded of one of the UK’s most established copywriting companies, this self-paced workshop is structured over four sessions:
Session 1: Introduction to SEO copywriting
- What is SEO copywriting?
- Old-school vs modern SEO copywriting
- User intent and why it matters
- What does Google want from us?
- All about natural language processing
Session 2: Creating a keyword strategy
- Why keywords matter at all
- The three main types of search query
- Creative keyword research
- Keyword mapping and avoiding keyword conflict
Session 3: Best practice SEO copywriting techniques
- The three key principles of best practice SEO copywriting
- Engagement, engagement, engagement
- Writing Google-friendly headlines
- Best practices for meta titles and descriptions
- Getting into Featured Snippets
Session 4: Putting it all together
- SEO content planning
- Why Google cares about links and brand mentions
- What to do about duplicate content
- Measuring your copy’s performance
Each session comprises a series of short instructional videos, followed by practical exercises and recommendations for further reading.
Who this course is for?
This course is perfect for any copywriter wanting to gain a good overview of what is required to write Google-friendly copy.
Emily set up Write My Site at the age of 24 when she spotted a gap in the market for a company that could write copy that both people and search engines would love. Notwithstanding the seismic changes that have swept the digital landscape since 2006, this premise remains just as relevant today. She currently divides her time between overseeing our consultancy’s projects and delivering bespoke, best practice copywriting training. Emily also runs the Copywriting for SEO course at brightonSEO, Europe’s largest Search Marketing conference.