Advanced Link Building & Outreach online live. 31st March 2021
From basic link fundamentals to securing national coverage.
This end-to-end Link Building and Outreach course will help you discover what link building is, and why it’s important.
You’ll learn how to gain coverage across the link spectrum, from major publications through to editorials. And this will enable you to build a solid and diverse backlink profile—something that every quality website should have.
But it’s not just about the how. You will also learn why you should build links; the motivations and justifications, the value of your results and how to communicate this value to stakeholders.
Combining a mixture of theory (videos, anecdotes and case studies) and practical work (assignments and templates to apply to your own websites) you’ll explore a range of different approaches to link building, from how to make the most of basic tools to adopting advanced techniques.
Link building is an ever-evolving specialism, so keeping up-to-date with the latest developments will ensure that you know how to assess the risks, follow best practices and—most importantly—get results.
The course covers the end-to-end process for building a variety of link types, exploring the following topics:
Introduction to link building
The importance of links
- ROI and the business case
- History of link building
- Link theory and analysis
- Link quality standards
System setup & workflow
- Skill sets and team
- Toolset and data sources
- Project management and processes
- The outreach audit
- Prospecting, pitching, publishing
- Tracking & reporting
- Pitching & negotiating
- Content production
- Foundational links
- Outreach tactics
- PR tactics
- Creative asset tactics
- Detox, defence and penalties
- Future proofing
Who is this course for?
- Beginners (from digital marketers to creative and technical SEOs) who want a solid foundation in link building.
- Advanced link building practitioners who’d like to learn more advanced techniques and improve their knowledge and skills.
What you'll gain from this course
- Build links that are safe and future-proof.
- Project manage link campaigns to ensure consistent ROI with templates and workflows.
- Perfect your outreach value proposition.
- Improve your pitching skills—to journalists, editors, bloggers and webmasters.
- Scale your work and build an outreach team.
- Use link building software to advance your brand and business.
Gareth Simpson, founder of Bristol-based digital marketing agency Seeker, has over 15 years’ experience in technical SEO and advanced link building. Defining strategy, systems design and SEO for global brands—and some of the highest ranking websites in the world—Gareth is highly respected within the industry and regularly delivers training and talks all over the world. He has been a guest speaker at events including BrightonSEO and TechSEO Boost (Boston). @simpsongareth linkedin.com/in/simpsongareth/
Laura Slingo is the senior campaign manager at Seeker Digital and heads up the outreach department. She has a deep-rooted love for building links, and this has helped her to successfully boost brands’ presence in search for over 5 years. She is often found powering through outreach inboxes, penning link building and PR strategies, and managing campaigns for clients across the world.
Laura has been a guest speaker at BristolSEO and will give a talk on how best to build links to product pages at October's BrightonSEO.