Managing search engine crawling & indexing - online live. 8th April 2021
Master controlling how search engines crawl & index your site, using Search Console, crawlers & log file analysers to make results-oriented decisions
This visual, fast-paced and highly practical training course will build your knowledge of the common crawling & indexing tools and tactics we have at our disposal.
Course contentDuring this jam-packed training we’ll look at:
- Why it is vital in any SEO campaign to know how search engines are crawling your site
- How Google crawls, assesses & indexes your pages
- How to assess your content’s accessibility to search engine bots and spot common problems
- The tools, tactics and tags we can use to make crawling our site as efficient as possible
- How using a combination of Search Console’s Coverage report, log file analysis and a crawl of your site gives you a 360-degree view of how a search engine is interacting with your content
- Managing crawl budget, and if it is something you should worry about
- How to audit your site architecture and internal link structure to optimise the way your site is crawled
- How to mimic the way Google ‘sees’ and understands your content through page rendering
- What the crawling and indexing of your site can tell us about potential content quality issues
- How to manage duplication and encourage Google to focus on your most important pages
Who is this course for?
If you want a better understanding of how search engines visit, interpret and index your site, this course is for you. It’s designed for anyone who understands the basic principles of SEO and wants to feel empowered to control how search engines interact with a site. It’s also a great course for junior and intermediate digital marketing teams agency-side who are looking to improve their technical SEO understanding.
What you'll gain from this course
Ultimately, you’ll leave with a better understanding of the tools and skills needed to manage how search engines visit your site, and dictate which pages they consider for indexing.
Also, you'll learn how to use your crawl, index coverage and log file data to identify improvements for your SEO roadmap and help create a better quality, leaner & more efficient site.
Charlie is a trainer for the team at Screaming Frog, the agency famous for the SEO Spider and Log File Analyser. He’s a regular industry speaker who loves to share ideas on content strategy, technical SEO, and creative user experiences.
Also an independent consultant, he runs an SEO & content strategy consultancy dedicated to helping create better sites and smarter SEOs.
Fascinated by the challenges of building an online business, you can find Charlie talking content, UX, SEO & food online or at the bar, or likely cooking something up in the kitchen.