Ecommerce SEO - online live. 21st October 2020
In one day, learn how to grow inbound search engine traffic, boost online conversions and stand out in today’s competitive online marketplaceWatch Promo
Search engine traffic is key to the success of an e-commerce website. With user behaviour changing daily and algorithms continuously updating, it is difficult to stand out in today’s competitive online marketplace. In this course we want to help you understand how to keep search engines happy without compromising the user experience.
But optimising an e-commerce website for SEO has a unique set of challenges that differ from other types of sites. In this course, we will look at the different elements of SEO that apply specifically to revenue generating websites. You’ll get practical and in-depth understanding of the best SEO strategies for e-commerce websites, as well as actionable tips and techniques that you can apply immediately to your site.
Course contentComplexities of optimising e-commerce websites:
- How SEO differs from e-commerce to other types of websites
- Common challenges with e-commerce SEO optimisation
- Creating SEO-Friendly URLs
- The importance of Content and SEO
- Duplicate content
- How online customer reviews help SEO
- Mobile-friendly sites
- Schema mark up for e-commerce
- Redirects, etc.
- Why site structure matters
- The difference between using filters to narrow down product listings and creating unique landing pages for products
- When to use filters and when to create listings
- Understand links and how to develop an optimised internal linking structure
Category pages: optimising category pages for search engines and users
Product pages: optimising product pages for search engines and usersDealing with out of stock items: retirement product strategies:
- How an out of stock product can interrupt a consumer’s journey through a site
- When and how to redirect an out of stock product
- The importance of messaging around out of stock products
Conversion rate optimisationLink Building:
- Understanding links in SEO
- Why is link building important
- Off-page factors
- Link building techniques for ecommerce websites
- How to build high quality backlinks to your ecommerce website
- How to build links to your product and category pages
- How to remove bad backlinks from Google
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who already have a basic understanding of SEO and want to enhance and improve their e-commerce website visibility in the organic search listings. It is ideal for anyone who has daily responsibilities or oversees an e-commerce website, and is looking to improve their ability to grow their inbound search engine traffic, boost online conversions and stand out in today’s competitive online marketplace.
What you'll gain from this course
You’ll get practical and in-depth understanding of the best SEO strategies for e-commerce websites, as well as actionable tips and techniques that you can apply immediately to your site.
Maria has been working on SEO for over 6 years. She joined Builtvisible early in 2017 where she works as a Senior SEO Consultant. She is most passionate about the technical side of SEO and specialises in website speed optimisation and eCommerce SEO. She enjoys speaking at conferences and delivering training about all things SEO.