Conversion Rate Optimisation online live. 30th March 2021
Learn how to create website designs and content that you can prove convert more site visitors into customers
This course will give you the skills to identify where on your website the biggest opportunities to improve conversion can be found. It will enable you to diagnose precisely what needs to be improved, and how to do it. You’ll then learn how to properly test your ideas to find guaranteed uplift in your site’s performance.
- Website analytics – reviewing the right reports and extracting the most useful insights, without wasting time
- Calculating site leakage and opportunity size – understanding where to focus your efforts to get the greatest returns for your investment
- Site surveys – running them on your site in a way that gets the best responses, using the most proficient tools
- User testing – learning the pros and cons of each method, how to choose which you should use and when, and how to run sessions the right way
- Heatmap analysis – appreciating what you can and can’t learn from heatmaps, as well as a review of some of the best tools
- Heuristic assessment – applying UX and behavioural science knowledge to generate strong test ideas for your website
- Persuasive design – creating page designs that utilise persuasive psychology and generate conversions.
- Hypothesis creation – transforming raw ideas into solid hypothesis ready for testing
- Creating and running an A/B testing plan – properly prioritising, running and refining a solid test plan to deliver the greatest results
- Interpreting results and reporting impact – knowing when a test is complete and how to share results the most effective way to get continued engagement in your CRO programme.
You’ll end the day with a solid plan of action and lots of optimisation ideas you can apply right away.
Who is this course for?
Our CRO training workshop is perfect for you if you have a broad background and understanding of digital marketing and want to improve your understanding of how to get more conversions from the traffic that you already have coming to your site. While it’s pretty comprehensive, it’s not intended for people who are already advanced and confident in CRO. That being said, if you are experienced but still want to come along, it will be a really hands-on course that will give you space to focus on problem-solving conversion issues on your site, and an opportunity to talk with other marketers facing similar challenges.
Duncan is a digital marketing consultant, conference speaker, author and trainer, specialising in the subjects of UX and conversion rate optimisation. He’s helped build optimisation programmes for international brands such as The Open University, Vodafone Australia and John Lewis Finance
He believes that good UX and CRO is pretty simple – understand your audience, test with a robust methodology and challenge your presumptions and ego every step of the way.