Beginners SEO - online live. 6th April 2021
Learn the very basic elements of search engine optimisation, from fundamental technical concepts to basic content creation tips.
An engaging and easy-to-understand introduction to the world of search engine optimisation. Going through all the elements of an SEO strategy, you will get a basic understanding of how search works and the first steps to maximise your online presence, learning about tactics with real case studies and discovering the most popular SEO tools.
Throughout the day we’ll explore the following SEO topics, with plenty of time for you to ask any of your own questions:
What is SEO?
- Introduction to SEO
- How do Search Engines work?
- How do people search online
- Key elements of SEO
- Common obstacles
- URL structure
- Crawling your site
- HTTP Response codes
- Robots Meta Tags
- Canonical Tags
- Page Speed
- Keyword Research
- On page elements (Titles, Meta Descriptions, Headings…)
- On page content
- Images & Videos
Links and Off Site SEO
- Internal links
- External links
- Mega Menus
- How to get links from other websites
- How to produce linkable content
- Good links vs Toxic links
- Reviewing your backlink profile
- Disavow links
- Introduction to International SEO
- Introduction to Local SEO
- Introduction to Mobile SEO
- How to resolve Google Penalties
My rankings are dropping, why?
- Monitor Rankings
- Misconceptions about rankings
- How SEO is related to other Digital Marketing areas
Creating an SEO strategy
Marcos has extensive experience in the SEO world and loves anything digital, from marketing to video games. In his role as SEO analyst at SiteVisibility, planning international migrations and monitoring page speed issues on mobile websites are just some of his daily tasks. He spends his spare time writing, reading and, more often than not, eating delicious food!