Beginners Content Marketing - online live. 29th October 2020
In just one day you'll learn how to create an effective content marketing strategy that delivers results.
This course is designed to set a foundation for developing content marketing campaigns that will work for your business. You’ll explore strategic approaches to developing different types of content, insights into how to better understand your audience’s motives and emotional needs, and practical ways that you can measure and report on your campaign’s ROI.
Over the course of the day, we’ll cover the following topics:
Understanding your content marketing journey:
- What do we mean by ‘content marketing’?
- Are you creating awareness, promoting thought leadership, telling brand stories, or something else?
Planning and measurement tools and approaches:
- How you can manage, measure, test and analyse your content marketing success (with tools that can help)
- How to use what you learn to improve your results
- How to measure your return on investment (ROI)
Content marketing strategy—Insights:
- What do you know about your audience? What makes them tick?
- How can you use this to improve your content marketing
Content marketing strategy—Awareness:
- How can you use search marketing and social media to distribute your content and reach new audiences
- Practical ways to measure and track your content awareness strategy
Content marketing strategy—Engagement:
- The science and art of engagement, and how you can measure it
- Writing for the Web
- We’ll be looking at how to match content against target audiences’ decision journeys, and enabling your voice to match theirs.
- We’ll look at writing for the web and social media for the best engagement and potential SEO benefit.
- Engaging your audience with people-led, emotive content.
Who is this course for?
This is for marketers looking to redefine their existing content strategy, or starting one from scratch. It's also great for people starting out their career in content and digital/social media marketing.
What you'll gain from the course
Understand and clarify your brand purpose, how to tailor content that resonates with your audience, that helps you achieve your business objectives and how to measure that impact (and pivot, where required...)
Chris brings more than 21 years’ experience in technology PR, digital marketing and journalism. He has worked with global brands including Philips, Xerox, Amadeus and Polycom, and many startups too.