Advanced SEO for Wordpress live online. 7th April 2021
In one day, learn advanced technical and content tactics to achieve high-SEO-performing sites.
WordPress is the world’s most popular Content Management System (CMS) by a country mile. This course is designed to help attendees learn advanced technical and content tactics to achieve high-SEO-performing sites.
- Technical walkthrough of advanced features of Yoast SEO plugin
- Technical integrations that aid SEO through on-page presentation (e.g. using 3rd party image AIs to add meta description, open graph data)
- Using structured data / semantic markup in WP and why it’s important (e.g. Schema)
- Technical integrations e.g. AMP, PWA, the importance of SSL
- Site speed optimisation to make sure your site is fast for users across mobile and desktop, including the use of CDNs and services like Cloudflare
- Do’s and don’ts of facet navigation and tips to dealing with advanced navigation
- Site architecture to achieve SEO success (e.g. permalinks, 301 redirects, no-indexing)
- Managing content effectively with tagging and categories
- How to deal with duplicate content and maximising Google crawl budget
- Image optimisation
- Tips for creating an effective content strategy, including tactics and platforms for keyword research (e.g. Moz, SEMrush, https://currents.parsely.com/, Brandwatch), strategies including focusing on search intent, long tail
- How to deal with redundant content or out of stock products
- How to monitor technical SEO issues
- How to monitor competition (e.g. Google Alerts for new (competing) content for certain keywords, third party subscription services like SEMrush)
- A guide to the best tools to monitor the health of your WordPress site
- Essential services: Google Tag Manager inc. Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Web Dev Toolkit
Metrics you should be tracking to measure SEO performance
- Internal links
- External links
- Search visibility
- Keyword density
- Pages indexed & crawl errors
- Content engagement metrics: bounce rate, time on site, pages per visit, organic CTR, exit pages
- Third party metrics: Moz DA & PA, Alexa rank, etc.
Each attendee will be provided with a temporary WordPress install (or they can bring their own) with installed plugins and services necessary to complete the workshop plan
Attendees will also be provided with a link to download/save a “WordPress SEO cheat sheet” with key principles covered off
Please note that one-to-one consultancy and advice on specific SEO issues will not be provided, unless they benefit the broader group (at the trainers’ discretion)
David’s interests lie in WordPress, open source and future technology trends. He’s the founder and CEO of Pragmatic – a top-tier WordPress agency globally, which he started in 2012. David loves working with the team at Pragmatic in delivering websites that add real value to businesses, and in turn enjoys sharing his expertise on this topic at international conferences such as WooConf and WordCamp Europe.